Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cold Wind

So let it begin,
I got a warriors grin
from leaning into the cold wind
memories of back then when I said I would be back when I made it happen
ghost remnants of a stone grin

And I dont imagine that any contraption can retify the reactions
results of my own actions.
But all Im really askin is for you to take action
do you remember when, back then, you said you make it happen?

Rewind and retrack
no shirt off your back
just do what your supposed to do when your supposed to do it and act

the situation's ugly
no candy
coating
no brandy
in reality you failed a family

still you say to others
like a childs scolding mother
get along with your brother
take care of one another

but what its matter when
preaching a pious limb
your own lifes sin
broken homes when like jagged bones mend always hurt like aching in a cold wind

keep pushing turn a grimace into a stone grin
keep going never showin how much your struggling
no one wants to know the rock they love is crumbling
everyone running grumbling when I'm under them rumblin

And I can't remember when
I had a reliable friend
no shoulder, found myself falling stumbling
when I leaned in to where you had been
I was caught by nothing but the cold wind

Keep pushin turn a grimace into a stone grin
keep going never showin how much your struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment